Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Riley Nelson out for the season

Remember you heard it here first... unless of course you didn't

The news has just been reported that BYU QB Riley Nelson is out for the remainder of the season due to a shoulder injury he suffered during the Florida State game. Click here to view the article from ESPN.com... so I guess that solves the QB controversy.

Riley, is a great kid (I actually don't know that, I've never met the guy... that is just what every single pundit has said about him so I don't want to fall out of line) but he wasn't actually the best quarterback.  Granted, he could run, but I've seen Kardashians with better arms.

I bet Khloe has a hose for an arm...

Nelson's injury will finally allow Jake Heaps some time to develop... and he really needs it. Heaps has loads of potential and a cannon for an arm, but his youth definitely showed last game against FSU. Honestly,  Heaps reminded me of John Beck's first start in the NFL against the Steelers (for those of you that witnessed that game several years ago). He had no poise in the pocket, no mobility, and any time he ran into contact he fumbled the ball.

Heaps has a major upside, but it might just be time that Cougar fans chalked this season up to experience and look forward to a more mature team.

No comments:

Post a Comment